The Lorn Combination was created in 1862 and initially comprised the 10 parishes of Ardchattan and Muckairn, Glenelg, Glenorchy and Innishail, Kilbrandon, Kilchrennan and Dalavich, Kilmallie, Kilmonivaig, Kilmore and Kilbride, Kilninver and Kilmelfort, Lismore and Appin.
They were later joined by Ardgour.
Lorn Combination Poorhouse was erected in 1862-3 on a three-acre site on Miller Road at the south of Oban.
The architect was John McKillop.
It was a plain two-storey L-shaped building, extended in 1896 to designs by Kenneth Macrae, and again in 1912 with James G Falconer as architect.
Its location and layout are shown on the 1899 map below.
After 1930, the poorhouse became the West Highland Rest Poor Law Institution.
In 1946, it had 179 beds including 26 hospital beds.
Under the National Health Service it became Dalintart Hospital.
The buildings have been demolished.
Argyll and Bute Council Archives, Manse Brae, Lochgilphead PA31 8QU, Scotland. Holdings include: Minute books (1898-1930); Admission and discharge register (1909-37); Visiting Committee report book (1920-48); Chaplain's Register, including notes on baptisms in poorhouse (1903-41); etc.